Be part of our team in beautiful Colorado Springs, working at downtown Catalyst Campus, a Space Technology accelerator facility managed by the Space Force’s newly formed Space Systems Command. You’ll be part of an agile Cyber Defense team, providing critical system applications managed by an agile team of experienced developers and data analysts.
Eight plus years of combined experience in architecture/design/development of critical software capabilities. Demonstrate best practice in research, design, development, and security first principles. Demonstrate a firm understanding of Agile principles and software tools including git, Atlassian suite of tools (Confluence, Jira), Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes and microservices design and development. Demonstrate experience in Python development; knowledge of continuous integration/continuous delivery processes; and fast-paced deployments using modern GitOps tools and approaches.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Closely collaborate with developers and product owners to identify software requirements and break down requested objectives and features into appropriate tasks within the Agile framework.
* Collaborate with software development and analytics teams to generate optimum architecture and design solutions to meet evolving system requirements using agile processes and remote collaboration tools.
Possess and maintain required skills to include, but not limited to:
* Familiarity with cyber protection tools such as Bro/Zeke, Nessus, and static & dynamic code analysis tools
* Experience with Infrastructure as code (Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
* Experience with Kubernetes/Docker or some knowledge of containerization
- Kubernetes knowledge setting up pods, networking, and inner-pod communications
- Kubernetes tools (kustomize, helm, argocd, etc.)
* Deployment/Maintenance knowledge of Elastic, Kafka and other misc. software
- In depth knowledge of ELK stacks
* Knowledge with databases (standing up, maintaining, and logging)
* Python-knowledge (mostly to support Ansible and other misc. capabilities); secondarily would be C++ development (Marbles-Capture)
* GitLab DevOps
* Experience applying Agile/Scrum methodologies for project delivery and quality assurance using Jira, Confluence, and similar tools.
* Experience applying analytical solutions utilizing Python scripting and supporting data analysis tools, Familiarity with well documented code and unit testing. Able to utilize Confluence to generate instructions and reports; use of Slack, Zoom, and appropriate collaboration tools to liaise with multiple teams.
EDUCATIONAL AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
* B.S. in STEM or 8+ years direct experience
* Desired M.S. in STEM